Regional Managers are responsible for the effective operation of multiple stores within a designated area. Regional Managers are accountable to achieve profit percentage, customer satisfaction, labour and sales targets and operational efficiencies and excellence, within the standard operating procedures and company policies and guidelines.
● Manage the performance of branch managers through monthly reviews in order to ensure effective branch operations.
● Demonstrate operational excellence by enabling and upskilling branch managers to use the Profit & Loss statement.
● Provide clear guidance on implementing the Brand Standard Records.
● Ensure succession plans are formulated and implemented in the region of responsibility.
● Work closely with the HR department and guide branch managers to ensure optimal branch staffing, according to prescribed HR processes and policies.
● Drive a culture of performance management, reward and recognition and coaching and mentoring.
● Drive teamwork by encouraging best practice sharing among different branches and ensuring operational resources are shared.
● Actively drive increased financial profitability through means of analysis, reporting and action planning.
● Manage cost controls in accordance with company policies and procedures by directing the activities of managers in meeting targets placed on controllables, maximising sales, operating efficiency and profitability.
● Drive labour productivity by ensuring the correct use of the scheduling and timekeeping system to monitor critical parameters such as overtime and absenteeism and initiate corrective action where necessary.
● Drive sales and business growth.
● Ensure that product and equipment quality remain consistent in order to ensure optimal sales.
● Ensure that marketing and promotional initiatives are implemented.
● Obtain management feedback from Dashboard Report analysis to devise action plans.
● Understand and analyse the customer satisfaction reports and provide clear guidance to branch managers on how to improve customer satisfaction.
● Ensure that training plans are in place and are up to date to facilitate the delivery of service excellence within the operational environment.
● Coach and guide branch managers to devise appropriate action plans to address Brand Standard Audit results in order to enhance service delivery.
● Ensure service excellence standards are maintained and enhanced in the region.
● Understand and execute the Brand Standard Record for customer satisfaction to all branches within the region of responsibility.
Business Procedure Risk Management and Compliance Assurance:
● Ensure full and strict adherence to health and safety standards.
● Support the implementation of all health, safety and risk requirements (including security and alarm) in the region as per the Occupational Health and Safety Act Statutory requirements.
● Ensure the regular evaluation of restaurant cleanliness and sanitation.
● Stay informed of serious matters or issues that may result in legal action and mitigate risk.
● Ensure that internal security is kept at a maximum level in accordance with company policies and procedures.
● Ensure adherence to cash handling and banking procedures.
● Ensure that store management is aware of company policies and procedures and implement company programmes initiated by various departments.